Monday, November 29, 2010

Rejuvenation

                As the winter storm raged on Monday, you could find me driving across the treacherous stretch of interstate between Missoula and Spearfish, SD.  I was headed to see my sister and family for the first time in almost three months.  I made it to Spearfish in a little under the nine hour mark.  I was exhausted, but glad to be able to see my family.  My thanksgiving break was amazing to say the least. My parents came down, and ended up bringing the whole thanksgiving meal with them.  We all settled into my sister’s tiny little apartment and enjoyed some stuffing and each other’s company.  I have to say, that it was a true blessing to be near my family and to have some cherished moments with them over the holiday.  I didn’t really realize that I was homesick until I was with my family.  I really did miss them.  Thanks to this thanksgiving holiday, I was able to rejuvenate myself to come back to school.   The time spent with my family reenergized me and motivated me to hunker down for the next three weeks of school.  I know that the next couple of weeks are going to be hard, and are going to require a lot of effort on my part, but I’m ready to face it.  Between math, literature, writing, and economics, I am going to have my hands full.  I have to get all my papers revised for writing class, do a final paper for my literature class, and on top of all that, I have three finals to study for.  It is definitely going to be a stressful three weeks.  With a little luck they will go by fast, and I’ll be back home with my family for Christmas break.  This Thanksgiving, I am truly thankful for my family and what they mean to me.  They are my support system and are continually there to make me feel better and give me encouragement when I need it.  It was really hard for me to leave Spearfish, but I am ready to get back into school.  

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a stressful time, but if you work really hard now you'll really get to enjoy your lonnnng break! that's the way I'm trying to look at it...

    ReplyDelete