Monday, December 6, 2010

The True Meaning of Christmas

                As I traversed the side of Mt Sentinel Sunday morning, I could help thinking about the beauty that lays just steps away from all of Missoula.  As the winter months have started to strangle away our ability to get outside, most Missoulians have taken to the warmth and comfort of the inside.  But I have to say, after my experience this Sunday, there is way more to winter than a warm cup of hot chocolate and Christmas.  When you think about Christmas, do you really know what you’re celebrating?  I bet you don’t.  Christmas is the Christian holiday, where we celebrate the life of Jesus Christ, and what he did for all of mankind by dying on the cross.  It’s a time to be thankful for all that God has given you in your life. 
                As I ran up that mountain yesterday, it really gave me a whole new perspective on the meaning of God and humility.  Just seeing all the mountains surrounding Missoula covered in pristine whiteness was a beauty in and of itself.  It truly made me feel small and insignificant, but then I remembered that God loved me and cherish me.   That is the True meaning of Christmas, remembering Gods love.  So I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.  I hope that it is an amazing break.   

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy that someone remembers the true meaning of Christmas still with how commercialized it's become.

    ReplyDelete