Sunday, October 3, 2010

Perfectionist

                After taking the personality test, which I found to be very engaging and fun, I was scored as a type 1 personality.  A type 1 personality is defined as being a perfectionist.  I’ll admit that this is most probably who I am, and scoring an 80% states this is who I am.  As a perfectionist, I am always striving to be the best and do the best I can.  I push myself way harder than I really need to.  Perfectionists are usually defined as having realistic goals and attitudes, they are conscientious people, and have strong principles which they live by to the strictest means possible.  I have very high standards, and am always trying to live up to the expectations I set for myself.   I actually did this a lot in high school; I would always have to be the best in everything I did, whether it was Speech and Drama, Business Professionals of America, sports, etc… I always had to do and be the best, and even then I was just never good enough.  I was always looking for ways to improve what I did, and I still do this now.  I am intent on going to law school, so I am very focused on getting good grades and being involved in many community service activities, these things look good on law school applications and could potentially help me get in.  I am constantly looking for new things that can build my resume, and make it stand out more.  As a perfectionist, I like to see my achievements and be acknowledged for those achievements.  I am also very hard on myself when things don’t go the right way, such as when I didn’t get an A on a test or assignment in high school. It always made me study and work twice as hard to get that A.
I love being a perfectionist because I am very self-disciplined, and work really hard to achieve all my goals.  I have high standards and morals, and am very dedicated to any endeavor I do.  This will really help me to succeed in the world.  One of my major pet peeves as a perfectionist is when people are not working as hard as I am.  I always remember in high school doing group projects; I would end up doing the whole project because I wanted every part of it to be perfect.  People in my group just didn’t work as hard and their parts were not as good as mine so I would just do their part for them or do it over.  As a perfectionist I am very critical, goal-orientated, and hard working.  I just hope that I don’t irritate people with some of the things I do.  I have been told that I am a perfectionist, and so I realize most time things that I do that may irritate other people, and can fix them.    I am a very tense person, and need to be social and laugh so as to ease the stress and strain I feel.   The best way to get along with me is to take me out and be social and make me laugh.  Laughter helps me to not feel as stressed and way better about me.  I hope you have a better understanding of who I am, I know that I do.    
Enneagram Test Results
Type 1 Perfectionism||||||||||||||||||80%
Type 2Helpfulness||||||||||||43%
Type 3Image Awareness||||||||||||||||||73%
Type 4Sensitivity||||||23%
Type 5Detachment||||||||||36%
Type 6Anxiety||||||||||33%
Type 7Adventurousness||||||||||||||53%
Type 8Aggressiveness||||||||||||||||||73%
Type 9Calmness||||||||||36%
Your main type is 1
Your variant is sexual
Take Free Enneagram Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I can definitely see that you are goal oriented and very focused. What were your other two traits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good description of a 1, Jackson! why are there so many of you? !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely fit the type 1. But that's a good thing. Wanting to make things the best they can be will help you get far.

    ReplyDelete